Newberry’s Voice. Since 1946.
About Our Station
WKDK AM 1240 signed on October 26, 1946 and continues to be “Newberry’s Voice” today! We keep you informed with national, international, state, and local news. For nearly 75 years, we have also continued to provide heavy coverage of state and local sports. In addition to covering other area teams as much as possible, we are the “voice” of the Newberry College Wolves and the Newberry High School Bulldogs! With a heavy concentration of great oldies and a blend of current songs too, our music mix is very unique and enjoyed by more and more each day! James P. “Jimmie” Coggins is Owner/General Manager, and Carole Murray is Program Director. We continue to keep you informed and entertained!
- Victim Identified In Wednesday Afternoon Collision October 17, 2019
- City Council Approves Amendment to 2019-2020 Budget October 16, 2019
- Arrest Made In Tuesday Morning Shooting Incident October 15, 2019
- Early Morning Shooting In Valmont Industries Parking Lot Leaves One Dead; Victim Identified Tuesday Afternoon October 15, 2019
- Newberry Museum Presents City With 1832 Charter October 9, 2019
- MCMS, Reuben Elementary Earn Status In “Palmetto Gold And Silver Awards” Listing For 2018-19 School Year October 8, 2019
I have been advertising every month since I opened and I have been pleasantly surprised at the number of people who say they heard me on WKDK! I would highly recommend giving it a try, it works!
Coming here from California, I had given up on radio because no one listened to local radio. I have found just the opposite in Newberry...WKDK is a popular station for everyone's taste and I have seen our best business this past month after advertising on WKDK!!
WKDK is a 24/7 party. Where else can you be entertained with great music while being kept up to date on news and sports from Newberry County and around the world?